Saturday, July 18, 2009

Exciting Weather



The booming thunder started about 11:25 pm . My computer flickered and then died. Of course a sinking feeling came over me. I have too much stuff not backed up. The lights stayed on and I could hear one of our dogs frantically clawing to get in. I could see the sky lighting up and it sounded like the storm was right overhead. Grabbing my camera, no time for a tripod.. I had to see if I could get some lightning. The dog pushed past me in his terror as I opened the door. Thankfully we have a slight overhang on our house and I was able to stay dry. The lightning was so close it made the little hairs on my neck and arms stand up. Scary stuff but maybe, just maybe, this would be the time. I steadied myself on the doorjamb as I tried to predict where it might hit next. Most of the stuff I got was of the whole yard lit up like daytime. And that was a sure indication that the cloud was right above. At one point I told myself not to be so foolish and get my butt back in the house. Even for one second wished my husband was home to make me feel a little safer. Well I got some shots not quite what I was hoping for , but I was happy. The storm blew over as quick as it came and I reset all the clocks at 11:43.

No comments:

Post a Comment