Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Never too late


The grey cold of winter had me in it's deathgrip, choking the life out of me. So I decided to break free. I found inspiration from a woman on the internet who had waited 32 yrs to use her linocut tools for the first time. I thought of the art supplies that I had collecting dust on the shelf.

I have always wanted to try oil stick paints. And I wont tell you how much dust I had to blow off of them before I could use them to create this little painting of a red onion.

I felt a little clumsy using them. I dont know if that is because I have never used them before or because I hadnt done anything in so long.

I wanted to do a painting all in one sitting so I did find it hard to add the details.. I think drying time would have been better. But I was feeling impatient.

Also I think these supplies are best for a studio that is well equipped with cleaning supplies as it was very messy. I did ruin my good pajamas... oops .. well I guess it's no secret that I live in those things if I dont have to get dressed. It sure did feel good to get messy with art again.
You know something... I think I am going to get dressed today... art is good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment