Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Breakfast at Epitphanys


I went out early this morning hoping to catch the morning mist after the rain we had yesterday. After crawling around and sitting in the wet grass for a couple of hours , I thought it was time to head home... remind me to get some splash pants. As I was just headed in I noticed my first lilac of the season. Now they are one of my faves. Mine are late even by northern Alberta standards. And so I practise patience every spring while I wait..and wait. This year something happened that I didnt expect. As I bent my head to drink in the sweet perfume of the lilac in the moist air... I was flooded with emotion. And I knew that this heavenly scent was somehow connecting me to "infinite joy"
So now that I have been to that place of bliss I think it's time for coffee and a snuggle in my soft purple robe.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Viv - that moment happens for me in the morning when I open the door to the baby's room and he rolls over with a smile on his face. It is fleeting as once the day starts, those little moments are forgotten too quickly. Thank you, thank you, thank you for reminding us to take the time to "smell the flowers" *Hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding me of the sweetness of a baby's smile. And as always for your kind words of encouragment. You have a knack for giving them when I dont feel very couragous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words, and I love the title!

    ReplyDelete