Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sailers take warning!

This was the sky in my yard on Sunday morning. The old adage about red sky at night etc. proved itself true. Very high winds that day blew a tree just like this down in my yard. It fell right between two play structures in my yard. Funny the structures were only about 3 ft apart and it cleared them both. It did however land on the old metal swing that was so old that it was a danger for the kids to use. It also handed on our power line, stretching it to within feet from the ground. Luckily no one was hurt, we didn't lose power do to that. But the power flickered on and off all day due to other problems down the line created by the wind. I had to reset the oven many times over the course of the day. I was starting to wonder if we would get turkey at all. But in the end turkey was enjoyed by all.

1 comment: