Friday, December 17, 2010

Finding Balance

This time of the year is hectic for most people and for me it's no different. I will have a houseful for Christmas day and a house guest a week over the holiday. Cooking , cleaning , shopping, etc.. That leaves little time for photography or coming here to share my world with you . Glad you have hung in there by the way. I was thinking that I would take a vignette of one of my windowsills , I think it's a great way to get a peek into the "real me". This little corner is my kitchen window. A jar full of beach stones from Texas reminds me of my friend Joy. Top it up with some shells and beach glass I collected from Vancouver Island to remind me of the ocean. Just a side here... the ocean always reminds me to breathe. A mason jar that once held homemade jam now holds my discarded paintbrushes , now tools for the creation of Grandkid masterpieces. And a little black stone that has the word "Balance" etched on it, to remind me to strive for balance in my life. Maybe tomorrow a peek into the laundry room.. nah that is way too real.

No comments:

Post a Comment