Friday, May 31, 2013

Sad cat

We have had a stray cat around since last winter. I think it may have been a case of a country drop off. He is friendly with dogs and ppl. And he will approach you and likes to be petted, but only on the head. If I attempt to touch his body, he leaves. Yesterday he crawled into my lap... Yay. But then I realized why he does not like being touched. His whole body is a massive mat. The most concentrated one being the one that covers his back. Then i noticed the the skin around this large mat is tearing. After this sickening discovery I made a call to our vet. Yes! They can help! They sedate poor kitty and shave him. He has been in a car carrier since 9 because he is not to have food noe drink. He is not a happy dude.
I like having a cat around and I miss my Oinker terribly but judging from the way he pees everywhere, I just can't take a chance to bring him in.
I see my husband softening on the no cat on the deck rule... I hope we don't have trouble with this.
So hopefully after today's trip to the vet kitty will be in less pain. And mat free.

No comments:

Post a Comment