Wednesday, November 3, 2010

BIg Dipper


Last night while I was standing outside waving our visitors off , I noticed that it was a good night for the northern lights. They are very unpredictable , one minute they are there dancing accross the sky and the next they are gone. Yikes my tripod is broken. I know this is not a good picture "technically speaking" but given that I was hand holding my camera at exposures of 20 seconds or more . Add to that all the shivering I was just glad to get anything. I am heading into town today and hopefully I will find a great deal on a tripod... then maybe I will tell you about my love affair with the Big Dipper.

4 comments:

  1. Wow...had I tried that without a tripod..20 seconds, sheeesh, no one would know what the heck it was...thanks for the lights and thanks for the big dipper...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I did have my elbows on the railing of my deck. Love the new deck! more dipper when I get a new tripod.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I ever get when I try that is total black. This is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, it's long exposure times and up the iso. Thanks I am flattered that you are still checking in.

    ReplyDelete